cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Shazron <shaz...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Remove VERSION file from repos
Date Tue, 12 Aug 2014 20:46:32 GMT
Believe me, I want to go all node -- but all in for all scripts --
which we don't have time to do yet (maybe 4.0?).
But seeing that it's just replacing the contents of the current bash
script with python code, it's the path of least resistance, and path
of least potential conflict imo. No one will notice.

On Tue, Aug 12, 2014 at 1:36 PM, Michal Mocny <mmocny@chromium.org> wrote:
> Shaz, that's technically true, but how many users actually use that path
> these days?
>
> I thought the last stats overwhelmingly suggest our users are drinking the
> kool-aid and using cli, node, etc.
>

> On Tue, Aug 12, 2014 at 4:19 PM, Shazron <shazron@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Not if they are installed manually. It's not worth having some
>> dependency just to read a version, that's nuts.
>>
>> On Tue, Aug 12, 2014 at 1:15 PM, Jesse <purplecabbage@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > the non-cordova cli path depends on node to install/uninstall plugins
>> >
>> > @purplecabbage
>> > risingj.com

>> This
>> the