cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Brian LeRoux...@brian.io>
Subject Re: W3C Battery Feedback request
Date Thu, 07 Aug 2014 17:50:30 GMT
ah, sometimes you have read inbetween the lines w/ Joe's messaging

he's right, it is broken, and he did state why: its a blocking API

our feedback would be perhaps received better with a concrete proposal:
throw out the current spec and rewrite it using DOM promises or whatever
flavor of the month we have for async querying of data. the current
blocking API is not implementable by our bridge (async) so we can't do much
with it. ideally all web apis are async anyhow. ideally spec writers know
this about the web and browsers, but alas.