cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Grieve <agri...@chromium.org>
Subject Re: What's Stopping us From Independent Platform Releases
Date Thu, 14 Aug 2014 19:59:37 GMT
Could you elaborate Brian? Do you mean to stop support bin/create scripts?
Or to have all platforms node-depend on a templates module? Have one module
vs one-template-per-platform? Does this apply to both icons/splashscreens
as well as default www/?

On Thu, Aug 14, 2014 at 3:45 PM, Carlos Santana <csantana23@gmail.com>
wrote:

> +1 one way of doing it
>

> On Thu, Aug 14, 2014 at 1:21 PM, Brian LeRoux <b@brian.io> wrote:
>
> > rather than bundle app-hello-world I'd rather we *extracted*
> > cordova-project-create from cordova-lib into its own module so thing that
> > create cordova projects only have one way of doing it
> >

> > On Thu, Aug 14, 2014 at 7:58 AM, Carlos Santana <csantana23@gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Each platform should carry their default contents including set of
> icons
> > > and screens for none CLI workflow, the platform can keep taking them
> from
> > > app-hello-world as part of it's independent platform release.
> > >
> > > For app-hello-world it should be tag and release with the tools (CLI
> > > release) as it's use as the default template for "create"
> > >
> > > Now that I think CLI and config.xml supports icons and screens, the
> > default
> > > app created by CLI should include the "res/" icons and screens,
> > including a
> > > config.xml configured with proper values pointing to the images.
> > > This will be easier to end user to figure out on disk what files it
> needs
> > > to be modified in the "res/" directory on CLI project.
> > >
> > > This can also be optimized that "res/" contents get populated as the
> > > "cordova platform add" gets executed so user only gets in "res/" and
> > > "config.xml" only the platforms added.
> > >
> > > I was looking into this recently as I'm trying to create a new
> universal
> > > www template for IBM Worklight to be use by cordova CLI, but I got
> brain
> > > stop on how do I create a git repo that includes all my default icons
> and
> > > screens that user will replace, but don't want to pollute their cordova
> > > project with images from a platform their not dealing with yet, and how
> > > add those icons and screens when they do an "platform add" for a new
> > > platform.
> > >
> > > Maybe this deserves a new thread.
> > >
> > > net is that app-hello-world should be release tad with tools not
> > platforms
> > > releases.

> part
> > > of