cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Grieve <agri...@chromium.org>
Subject Re: What's Stopping us From Independent Platform Releases
Date Fri, 08 Aug 2014 18:26:25 GMT
On Tue, Jul 29, 2014 at 5:00 PM, Steven Gill <stevengill97@gmail.com> wrote:

> Started creating issues to keep track of all of these things.
>
> Master issue can be seen at https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CB-7221
>
> Setting CLI to version 4.0.0 sounds good to me. We can mention in the
> release blog post how platforms are on their own schedule now.
>
> Option 3 for docs
> - Docs get same version as CLI & get tagged alongside cli releases
> - We can still annotate with "added in X.X.X, removed in X.X.X" where it
> makes sense. (like the upgrade guides)
> - Point docs.cordova.io to edge
> - Dropdown will show tagged versions
> Pros:
> - Keeps a public history of older docs at a point in time. Easy to use for
> people who don't want the latest
> - Gives us flexibility in changing docs and not worrying about older
> versions.
>
> Thoughts?

Each new version of the docs has significant space requirements since we
don't de-dupe images across versions or translations. Not the end of the
world, but the repo is already > 1GB, so it is annoying.

I don't think it's common that we delete docs, so maybe we could just
create new versions when we do purges? Otherwise, the old versions of docs
just have bugs and are strictly worse than the newest set, I think.