cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Ally Ogilvie <aogil...@wizcorp.jp>
Subject Re: Cordova Plugin Registry iOS frameworks
Date Wed, 20 Aug 2014 03:12:36 GMT
>Ally, do you know if the symlinks are required for the FacebookConnect
framework?

@Ian Absolutely required. Not just for Facebook, but all .framework files.

MyFramework.framework     // (directory)
  info.plist
  MyFramework             // (symbolic link to Versions/Current/MyFramework)
  Resources               // (symbolic link to Versions/Current/Resources)
  Headers                 // (symbolic link to Versions/Current/Headers)
  Versions                // (directory)
    Current               // (symbolic link to directory "A" below)
    A                     // (directory)
      Headers             // (directory containing framework headers)
      Resources           // (directory holding framework resources)
      MyFramework         // (actual compiled library, really a .a file)

As you can see there are 4 symbolic links in .frameworks.

On Tue, Aug 19, 2014 at 5:59 AM, Shazron <shazron@gmail.com> wrote:

> I think the right approach is what Andrew suggested. So the current
> workaround is to tarball it first then publish?
>
> On Mon, Aug 18, 2014 at 12:04 PM, Andrew Grieve <agrieve@chromium.org>
> wrote:
> > Tarballs support symlinks.
> > npm uses tarballs.
> > "npm publish" lets you give a path to a tarball rather than having it
> pack
> > it for you.
> >
> > So, I think we probably could fix this in plugman by having it create the
> > tgz more intelligently.
> >

> > On Mon, Aug 18, 2014 at 2:24 PM, Ian Clelland <iclelland@chromium.org>
> > wrote:

> reason
> >> >

> >> Certainly; YAGNI and all that.
> >>
> >> Ally, do you know if the symlinks are required for the FacebookConnect
> >> framework? Is it possible to just git mv the files to the location that
> >> Xcode expects to find them, and not have to worry about this issue in
> >> plugman?
> >>
> >> Ian

> directory,

> >> should