cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Koudritsky <kam...@google.com>
Subject Re: continuous integration woze
Date Wed, 20 Aug 2014 14:50:55 GMT
AFAIK Travis only supplies a binary pass/fail status, so there is no such
thing as a warning.
A Travis check for pull request doesn't mark the entire build on master as
failed, only that pull request. So there is no need to panic and "drop
everything and fix the build", instead just "fix the build" by updating the
pull request :)

Those things are painful at first, but pain is an excellent teacher when it
comes to acquiring good habits like running "npm test" before git push. So
things like forgotten semicolons quickly become a non-issue once you hit
them several times.

That said, I would be glad if Travis was commenting on pull request with a
line or two rather than just setting the binary pass/fail status. This
would also be a great feature for using multiple CI services like we do
with Travis and AppVeyor. Anybody knows if Travis can be configured to
leave comments under pull requests?