cordova-dev mailing list archives

From "Wargo, John" <john.wa...@sap.com>
Subject Re: Directory Structure - CLI directory config proposal
Date Sat, 16 Aug 2014 22:24:02 GMT
We should definitely stay away from passing json on the command line.  It's a nightmare, there
has to be a better way.

John M. Wargo

> On Aug 10, 2014, at 12:39 PM, "Sergey Grebnov (Akvelon)" <v-segreb@microsoft.com>
wrote:

> Hi guys, sharing implementation prototype for this feature[1] . please let me know what
do you think.

> Highlights:
> 1. Introduced project settings class (ProjectMeta) which wraps config.json and exposes
project setting info including folders locations (now passed to cordova methods instead of
config.json)
> 2. Support of the following cordova folders and their default values (no changes here)
>    ProjectMeta.defaultWwwPath = 'www';
>    ProjectMeta.defaultPlatformsPath = 'platforms';
>    ProjectMeta.defaultHooksPath = 'hooks';
>    ProjectMeta.defaultMergesPath = 'merges';
>    ProjectMeta.defaultPluginsPath = 'plugins';
>
> 3. Non-default folders structure could be passed during 'cordova create ..'
>    cordova create hello io.cordova.hellocordova HelloCordova "{ ""id"": ""io.cordova.hellocordova"",
""name"": ""HelloCordova"",  ""wwwPath"": ""."", ""platformsPath"": ""cordova_components/platforms"",
 ""pluginsPath"": ""cordova_components/plugins"", ""hooksPath"": ""cordova_components/hooks"",
 ""mergesPath"": ""cordova_components/merges""  }"

> 4. More details and examples could be found here [2]
> 5. Source code could be found here: [3], [4]

> [2] https://gist.github.com/daserge/aee3d3503c93accf3f0a
> [3] https://github.com/MSOpenTech/cordova-lib/tree/configurable-directories/
> [4] https://github.com/MSOpenTech/cordova-cli/tree/configurable-directories/
>
> Thx!
> Sergey

 I was more broaching the subject to see if it's possible or if there would be a lot of code
rewrite to make it work.  I'm not as familiar with how the CLI works or how the code decides
to place certain files in certain locations on build and creation.  So defaulting to the rest
of you for that expertise.  IBM would like to see this happen from a product standpoint.

> Lisa
> @LisaSeacat
>

> Gorkem Ercan ---07/08/2014 03:36:54 PM---On Tue, Jul 08, 2014 at 09:02:03AM -0400, Michal
Mocny wrote: > Lets see what Lisa had in mind, but