cordova-dev mailing list archives

From "Treggiari, Leo" <leo.treggi...@intel.com>
Subject RE: Directory Structure - CLI directory config proposal
Date Tue, 26 Aug 2014 18:55:54 GMT
I was reacting to this in your e-mail:

> The user may choose to check in the user specific config if the entire team decides to
use that as a project structure. They would not check the user-config in cases where individual
users use different IDEs.

There should be one directory structure defined for the project.  That metadata is under source
code control as well as the sources that are actually using that directory structure.  Ideally,
Cordova CLI and all IDEs use the checked in directory structure.  If an IDE can't handle that,
then it would need to change the metadata, and rearrange the project sources, and, of course,
not check in those modifications.  So the use of multiple IDEs and Cordova CLI will work when
they all respect the directory metadata, specifically for the directories that are under source
code control.  An IDE could do whatever it wants in temporary/working directories.

> I could volunteer to take the first stab at that API that cordova-lib suggests. Does
that sound good ?

Definitely!

Thanks,
Leo