cordova-dev mailing list archives

From "Treggiari, Leo" <leo.treggi...@intel.com>
Subject RE: Directory Structure - CLI directory config proposal
Date Thu, 21 Aug 2014 13:44:52 GMT
Is the flexible directory structure being proposed so that the CLI can "conform" to a directory
structure defined by the IDE, or so that a user can define the directory structure and both
the CLI and the IDE use it?  I'm an IDE developer, but I don't have a lot a sympathy for the
former.  The latter is useful.  I don't understand why an IDE should think IT defines the
directory structure, just like the CLI did prior to this proposal.

Leo

-----Original Message-----
From: Parashuram Narasimhan (MS OPEN TECH) [mailto:panarasi@microsoft.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 20, 2014 10:17 PM
To: dev@cordova.apache.org
Subject: RE: Directory Structure - CLI directory config proposal

Should the platform/plugin save/restore take care of the ability to restore platforms? That
way, though the platforms folder is discernable, we do not have to necessarily delete it.
The goal of able to re-create a project solely based on the checked-in information still stays.

The user may choose to check in the user specific config if the entire team decides to use
that as a project structure. They would not check the user-config in cases where individual
users use different IDEs.