cordova-dev mailing list archives

From "Parashuram Narasimhan (MS OPEN TECH)" <panar...@microsoft.com>
Subject RE: Directory Structure - CLI directory config proposal
Date Thu, 21 Aug 2014 05:16:38 GMT
Should the platform/plugin save/restore take care of the ability to restore platforms? That
way, though the platforms folder is discernable, we do not have to necessarily delete it.
The goal of able to re-create a project solely based on the checked-in information still stays.

The user may choose to check in the user specific config if the entire team decides to use
that as a project structure. They would not check the user-config in cases where individual
users use different IDEs.

-----Original Message-----
From: Marcel Kinard [mailto:cmarcelk@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 19, 2014 12:50 PM
To: dev@cordova.apache.org
Subject: Re: Directory Structure - CLI directory config proposal

I don't want to dramatically increase the scope of this thread, but I'm wondering if this
is the opportunity to get the platforms dir to be 100% generated and discardable between app
builds. The goal being that then there is a clean line of what devs should check into SCM
and what is in their .gitignore file.

It also feels like there should be a slight difference between user-specific config that doesn't
go into a team SCM (my copy of cordova-android is in /home/marcelk/customized), and project-specific
config that does go into a team SCM (the layout of this meta config that describes where the
project dirs are).

And yes, it should be 100% compatible with today's directory structure.