cordova-dev mailing list archives

From "Parashuram Narasimhan (MS OPEN TECH)" <panar...@microsoft.com>
Subject RE: Directory Structure - CLI directory config proposal
Date Mon, 11 Aug 2014 15:27:23 GMT
Should we go ahead and create a branch in the main project so that you can also add your ideas
to it? We could target this feature for a 4.0 release.

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Koudritsky [mailto:kamrik@google.com]
Sent: Monday, August 11, 2014 7:56 AM
To: dev@cordova.apache.org
Subject: Re: Directory Structure - CLI directory config proposal

I like the way it looks now, but I would argue that we need to take it another step further
and make it a CordovaProject class that should only be instantiated once and contain all the
info of ProjectMeta + most of the info passed around in the ad-hoc opts objects.

I'm somewhat against passing JSON strings as command line parameters. Would prefer to expose
this to the command line via something along the lines of --config-mixin=some_file.json and
as part of the JS API via something like cordova.create(...., config_mixin).

All this said, I like the change the way it is right now.