cordova-dev mailing list archives

From "Lunev, Serge" <>
Subject RE: Intel XDK == Cordova IDE?
Date Wed, 20 Aug 2014 17:41:33 GMT
Actually I clicked "Send" too early. A few comments on Andrew's list:

- We use node-webkit, not CEF.
- We historically have 2 UI builder tools. One indeed uses Intel's App Framework. Another
one (called App Designer) gives an additional choice of using Bootstrap, jQuery Mobile or
- XDK is not open source itself - true, but I do have hopes we'll start contributing to Cordova.
- Developer license essentially preserves ownership right with developer. We had a question
at our support forum at some point which resulted in a nice readable description -

-----Original Message-----
From: Lunev, Serge []
Sent: Wednesday, August 20, 2014 10:15 AM
Subject: RE: Intel XDK == Cordova IDE?

Thanks for this note, Andrew! And I guess it's time to introduce myself at this point.

My name is Serge Lunev and I am engineering manager for Intel XDK Andrew is talking about
below. We did make a lot of changes to align ourselves from the proprietary AppMobi technology
to Cordova and plan to continue doing so. Some other people from Intel XDK team (e.g. Leo
Treggiari) are also on this list.

So if you are interested to learn more about Intel XDK - feel free to let us know. And we
certainly look forward for increasing the connection and collaboration with Cordova project