cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Ray Camden <rayca...@adobe.com>
Subject RE: Is there a decent Getting Started guide without prerequisite loops?
Date Fri, 22 Aug 2014 15:53:53 GMT
I just went through this myself the past weekend.

I did:

Android SDK
During that install, it noticed I didn't have Java (this was a VM) and it linked me to install
that.

Apache ANT
Git
Node.js (for npm)

Then finally npm install -g cordova.

That's it.

From: Matteo Sisti Sette <matteosistisette@gmail.com>
Sent: Friday, August 22, 2014 9:48 AM
To: dev@cordova.apache.org
Subject: Is there a decent Getting Started guide without prerequisite loops?

Hi,

I was looking for a Getting Started kind of guide for developing in
Cordova for the Android platform, but I've found myself trapped in a
loop of links where page  A links you to page B to install something
that is a requirement, and page B links you back to page A to install
something that is a requirement. More details here:

Is there ANYWHERE a simple "monolythic" step-by-step install guide
without  infinite requirement loops?

Thanks
m.