cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Ray Camden <rayca...@adobe.com>
Subject RE: What's Stopping us From Independent Platform Releases
Date Thu, 21 Aug 2014 00:58:19 GMT
Keep in mind - the average developer probably has no idea what cordova-ios, cordova-cli, and
cordova-lib means. They npm install cordova, and to them, that's it.
From: Carlos Santana <csantana23@gmail.com>
Sent: Wednesday, August 20, 2014 7:54 PM
To: dev@cordova.apache.org
Subject: Re: What's Stopping us From Independent Platform Releases

I think we need to come down to the same conclusion as we did for plugins.
The documentation for each "component" meaning "cordova-ios",
"cordova-cli", "cordova-lib" needs to live with it's repo/code and version
together.

The remaining things can be left in cordova-docs that are independent of a
version of a component to an extent like security guide.

The Cordova Docs Website will need to have a new UX design to make sense of
where links point and somehow allow the user know what's the latest release
and the different components with each respective version.