cordova-dev mailing list archives

From "Parashuram Narasimhan (MS OPEN TECH)" <>
Subject RE: continuous integration woze
Date Thu, 21 Aug 2014 05:18:30 GMT
If some of the tests are too strict, should we move it to be triggered on a different branch?
For example, fails come only on master, while they show up as "warning" for other branches
and we build --force incase of other branches?

-----Original Message-----
From: Josh Soref []
Sent: Wednesday, August 20, 2014 8:00 AM
Subject: Re: continuous integration woze

On 8/20/14, 10:50 AM, "Mark Koudritsky" <> wrote:

>AFAIK Travis only supplies a binary pass/fail status, so there is no
>such thing as a warning.
>A Travis check for pull request doesn't mark the entire build on master
>as failed, only that pull request. So there is no need to panic and
>"drop everything and fix the build", instead just "fix the build" by
>updating the pull request :)

Fwiw, I thought that I had pushed an update to the pull request, but apparently my `git commit
—amend` was missing a `-a`, and thus my `git push -f` didn't do anything useful.

>That said, I would be glad if Travis was commenting on pull request
>with a line or two rather than just setting the binary pass/fail
>status. This would also be a great feature for using multiple CI
>services like we do with Travis and AppVeyor. Anybody knows if Travis
>can be configured to leave comments under pull requests?

I would much prefer this, because as is, I have at least 4 "outputs" from
and yet if you look at the pull request, you'll only see one.

View raw message