cordova-dev mailing list archives

From "Sergey Grebnov (Akvelon)" <v-seg...@microsoft.com>
Subject RE: Add build status to github
Date Mon, 14 Jul 2014 14:16:31 GMT
Tests on Windows:
I've compared Wercker and Appveyor and as for me it looks like Appveyor is a better option
to proceed for Windows since
1.  Wercker's existing windows boxes doesn't support building of Windows 8.1 and WP 8.1 apps
due to absence of Windows 8.1 and WP 8.1 SDKs on the boxes.
2.  Appveyor supports above
Please note, Wercker supports custom VM boxes so potentially we can add custom VMs but I'm
not sure it is good idea to maintain them.

Tests on OSX:
I propose to use Travis since in comparison to Wercker it provides OSX test boxes with XCode
installed (http://docs.travis-ci.com/user/osx-ci-environment) and also supports Android builds
(http://docs.travis-ci.com/user/languages/android)

Thx!
Sergey
-----Original Message-----
From: Sergey Grebnov (Akvelon)
Sent: Monday, July 7, 2014 6:00 PM
To: dev@cordova.apache.org
Subject: RE: Add build status to github

Hey Mark, it is really great to see you are working in this direction, thx! Here are my additional
notes

I think we should have discussion in two directions here:
1. Decide what we want to run as test for each repo 2.  Particular service/implementation
details

As for 1:
a) LIB, CLI: I propose to run unit tests via 'npm test' for cordova-lib, cordova-cli, cordova-plugman
(btw, I don't see plugman tests so not sure we have them) It seems, that Mark is on the same
page.

b) PLATFORMS: for the platforms I propose to start from implementing simple e2e test with
the following steps (written in nodejs):
	- install cordova-cli (apache/master?)
	- create test app
	- add platform
	- build

    * as a long term goal we may want to move this to npm tests (but include to special group
which can be run with additional flag since I don't think we should run this along with general
unit tests )

As for 2:
If we want unified build platform across all repos it seems that Wercker and Appveyor are
the only good options due to windows support required. Both looks good to me, but I need to
double check Wercker supports VS2013 (msbuild12) since it requires to build cordova-windows
(will investigate and respond). I also think is that Travic-CI is the most safe option for
other platforms/repos since they already proved to be a good solution for many open source
companies.

Thx!
Sergey