cordova-dev mailing list archives

From "Sergey Grebnov (Akvelon)" <v-seg...@microsoft.com>
Subject platformId for new windows template
Date Thu, 10 Jul 2014 06:38:30 GMT
There is the following important property provided by cordova.js - 'cordova.platformId' which
specifies the platform app runs on.  Since we introduced support of new Windows Universal
Apps which could be compiled for Windows 8.0, Windows 8.1, Windows Phone 8.1 we should agree
what to report as a platformId for those target platforms.

As of 3.5.0 we report:
. 'windowsphone' on WP8
. 'windows8' on Windows 8.0
. Windows 8.1 and Windows Phone 8.1 are not supported

Proposed:
. 'windowsphone' on WP8 (wp8 continues to be separate platform, no changes here)
. 'windows8' when compiled as Windows 8.0 (to be compliant with old code)
. 'windows' for Windows 8.1 and Windows Phone8.1. This will be consistent with iOS where we
 report 'ios' for both tablets and phones.

So, I propose to continue using old values for previously supported target platforms and start
reporting 'windows' for the new targets.

Thx!
Sergey