cordova-dev mailing list archives

From "Parashuram Narasimhan (MS OPEN TECH)" <panar...@microsoft.com>
Subject Windows Universal Apps and Cordova 3.6.0
Date Mon, 07 Jul 2014 22:20:37 GMT
Hi,

We just finished the implementation for supporting Windows 8.1 apps for Cordova. Summary of
the changes

-          Create a new platform called "windows" that produces packages for windows8, windows
8.1 and windows phone 8.1

-          Current "windows8" platform will be an alias for "windows"

-          Current "wp8" platform for windows phone 8 (based on XAML) will remain as is.

This new platform needed changes in tools (cordova-lib, cordova-cli) and platform (cordova-windows).
To enable this new platform, we need a point release for tools and platform. We would like
to release Cordova 3.6.0 that would contain these changes. Given that we are voting on 3.5.0-*
release now, we will wait till that release goes out. I am guessing that 3.6.0 can be released
towards the last week of this month.

Please let me know if this schedule proposal looks good, and if we can release 3.6.0 by July
end. Will there be other platforms that would benefit or have problems due to this? Are there
any other changes that would need a point release?