cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Velecký <VVe...@seznam.cz>
Subject Re: Change background color of Android Cordova app
Date Fri, 18 Jul 2014 09:19:31 GMT

It's so simple reproduce this even without opacity. Simply make new Android
Cordova project.

Add this to css to make clear that css doesn't play any role here:

* {
    background-color: black !important
}

Then infest <body> with HTML code from http://html-ipsum.com/ and ideally
form code. Copy it and hold paste for 10 seconds for example at <body> to
make DOM very big, then this problem will be well visible, when you do
rotate to landscape mode.

And finally, add <preference name="BackgroundColor" value="0xff000000"/> to
config.xml which does nothing...

That is it. Stupid simple to reproduce this.

Delay the loading of the URL without a screenshot? Also, you could run the
manual test application in test that's marked "Test Background Color". This
isn't automated because it would require the inclusion of a third party
library like Robotium, and there's no way to programmatically test the
colour blue that's worth writing. (Seriously, it'd be yet another library
that'd take the screenshot within the 2 second delay, and then process the
image to see if the pixels are blue, a non-trivial amount of work for
something that someone can do when they need to.)