cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Veleck√Ĺ <>
Subject One platform development vs. Cordova CLI
Date Sun, 13 Jul 2014 20:18:23 GMT
there is serious backlog when using CLI in case one platform development. In
this case is better to change platform project config.xml instead of whole
project config.xml. Problem is what prepare should do, and what prepare
actually do. (And prepare is also run if we do build.) At this moment,
prepare in CLI does clean & copy...
Also prepare does it in different way in Android, than in iOS.
On Android, config.xml and androidmanifest.xml is probably recreated
(destroy previous formatting, what a feature...) and then probably add
differences, so changes and new options are preserved, however nobody wanna
read it...
On iOS, config.xml is completely recreated, no any option is preserved...

So, there are 2 questions...
If is Android CLI too clever to do preserve changes created by user, why it
ruins my formatting (new lines, maybe also tabulators)?
Why is iOS CLI such a stupid? Why it is not able to do it like Android CLI
(at least)?