cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Ian Clelland <iclell...@chromium.org>
Subject Re: whitelist as a plugin
Date Tue, 08 Jul 2014 02:21:44 GMT
What would be the security implication of removing it from core? No access
at all by default? Or unlimited access by default?

I suspect that if the default policy with no plugin installed is the
latter, then we will be given the impression that it's not important at all
:)

I had considered just turning the whitelist settings into a plugin --
either leaving the default rules as they are, and writing a
"cordova-security" plugin that locks it down, or tighten everything by
default, and tell people to install "cordova-plugin-insecurity" if they
want to open it up :)

I like the idea of making the entire whitelist architecture into a plugin,
though. If nothing else, it should be easier to reason about it, and easier
to fix or replace it in the future if we need to.