cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Jesse <purplecabb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Proposal: hooks support for plugins
Date Fri, 18 Jul 2014 21:26:30 GMT
Prompting would make it nearly impossible for third party tools to use,
there is no one to accept.
PGBuild will allow scripts, but they will only be for pre-verified plugins,
just like they deal with compiling arbitrary native code ... the
script-exec is NOT a new backdoor in this case, just another window.
When you type `npm install ios-sim` unknown, unverified (by you) scripts
are run ... how is this any different?  Any npm package with a
preinstall script
will do the same, I thought we agreed that this is a community/social issue
and not a technical/framework issue.

>> - Not a fan of "<script>", "<hook>" might be better
I agree, or <hook-script>

>> - context.commonModules is a great idea, but I don't think exposing
>> requireCordovaModule or elementtree is a good idea.
+1 Let's not create tech debt if we can avoid it.

>> - Since you're making a new class, please don't call it "Hooker"
+1 some other ideas, ScriptEscort, PimpMyApp, Hookah

@purplecabbage
risingj.com