cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Axel Nennker <ignisvul...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: One platform development vs. Cordova CLI
Date Mon, 14 Jul 2014 08:35:22 GMT
My experience with Cordova (and other tools for that matter) is that it
makes no sense to change tool generated files.
If the tool is improved you do not benefit from this improvement because
your modified files will be changed by the new version.
If you change a tool generated file you are out.
When we started using Cordova me and other colleagues thought that our
project "needs" to change Cordova generated files too.
In each case this turned out to be wrong.
Most of the times writing a Cordova plugin is the solution.

The bottom line is: either use Cordova or not. (or send a pull request to
improve it)

-Axel