cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Carlos Santana <csantan...@gmail.com>
Subject How to provide more files from plugin.xml for project and native?
Date Wed, 30 Jul 2014 14:32:32 GMT
I already know about <asset> and <resource-file> [1] in plugin.xml

I'm currently working with ios:
<asset> copy files will be available inside mobile app www path
<resource-file> files will be available to mobile app from root path

I want to be able to provide files to other locations that do not go inside
mobile app:
1. I want to add files to <cordovaproject>
<cordovaproject>/merges/ios/
<cordovaproject>/hooks/
Also here to add scripts/files that will be use by XCode build phases but
do not go inside mobile App
<cordovaproject>platform/ios/HelloCordova/

Right now I'm doing something like this, and it feels like a hack that
might not work for all operating systems.

<asset src="src/ios/www/default/worklight/checksum.js"
target="../../../merges/ios/default/worklight/checksum.js" />

Maybe we need to add new feature for more elements like?
<cordova-file src="" target="">
<native src="" target="">

[1]:
https://github.com/apache/cordova-docs/blob/master/docs/en/edge/plugin_ref/spec.md