cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Carlos Santana <csantan...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Question About Official Plugins
Date Tue, 29 Jul 2014 01:24:55 GMT
Peter
  Thanks for contacting the Cordova mailing list and share with us your
project, we are excited when user's use Cordova and even more excited when
users build Cordova plugins to share with others.

Like Jesse said since the plugin is not register on the Cordova registry
[1] there is no harm today that you name it with org.apache.codova.*
There are plugins available in phonegap build [2] that do not have the
apache identifier like Barcodescanner[3]

[1] http://plugins.cordova.io
[1] https://build.phonegap.com/plugins
[2] com.phonegap.plugins.barcodescanner

Since the user's of your plugin are not installing via id, and the current
way to upgrade a plugin is to remove and then add the plugin, your users
will not be that affected on the change in the identifier, just need to use
'plugin ls' to double check the id to use to rm the plugin

[cordova | phonegap local] plugin rm [org.apache.cordova.ibeacon |
com.petermetz.cordova.ble]

When you decide to publish your plugin on the registry [1], you will not be
allowed so the sooner you change the id, the less users affected.

Also like Joe said, having the plugin outside ASF gives your more control
over your project, and it's great that is open source with a Apache 2.0
license and that you accept contributions either bug reports or pull
requests.

PS: it's rad that you are using dart to test cordova cli

--
Carlos Santana
<csantana23@gmail.com>