cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Carlos Santana <csantan...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Proposal: remove platform versions from platfroms.js
Date Wed, 23 Jul 2014 21:21:07 GMT
+1 on removing the pining

Can we at least record what's get's installed in a single place?
This will help if someone is trying to debug a problem, it will be easy to
tell what are the components and their levels being use.

Meaning a the minimum recording platforms, plugins, and latest cli version
used on the project.
Meaning every time you add a platform or plugin update cordova.json,
everytime you run a cordova command like "cordova prepare"
cordova.json
{
cordova: "3.7.1-0.3.7",
platforms:[{name:"cordova-ios",version:"3.6.1"},{name:"cordova-blackberry",version:"3.7"}]
plugins:[{id:"org.apache.cordova.console",version:"0.1.2"},{id:"com.ibm.myplugin",version:"0.1.1"}]
}

I prefer cordova.json on the root, and if not present look for a "cordova"
object in package.json

After this is done, we can discuss how this information can be use by the
tool if at all like implementing a "cordova install" that reads the file,
or a "cordova outdated" that reads the file, and so on.. of course without
re implementing the wheel and leveraging "npm" and "node_modules" directory

Also work towards making the cli so so unaware about the platforms, that
adding a new platform "cordova-xphone" the cli will not need to change.
Then the problem about what cli version works with what version of the
platform becomes a mute point.

--
Carlos Santana
<csantana23@gmail.com>