cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Carlos Santana <csantan...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: What's Stopping us From Independent Platform Releases
Date Sat, 26 Jul 2014 01:06:34 GMT
Andrew
  Good catch on cordova-js, +1

Steve
  We also need to be very clear about which versions are pinned to cli.
Communicate that to our users in tools release blog posts and maybe some
config file?

Not config file, communicate on the package.json (and maybe in README.md if
not very clear that is in pacakge,json of the cordova node module)
Also CLI will use the values from package.json to know the version of the
platform to download if one is not provided, this is the data that is
located today in platforms.js in [1] (don't be confuse with with
platform.js in the same directory :-) )  is just surfacing to be more clear
what will the CLI use

[1]:
https://github.com/apache/cordova-lib/blob/master/cordova-lib/src/cordova/platforms.js

--