cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Frederico Galvão <frederico.gal...@pontoget.com.br>
Subject Re: Android: add support of min/max/target SDK to config.xml
Date Fri, 11 Jul 2014 00:22:00 GMT
Are you guyus against the actual implementation being suggested or are you
against the idea as a whole?
If the answer to the above is "I +1 the idea but -1 the current
implementation being suggested", then ignore the rest of this message, and
I'll say that I'm looking foward to this feature being released (although
it's not a showstopper for me, I'm used to messing with the native shell
after Cordova has spit it out for me).

First I'll state that I agree that in no reasonable situation targetSdk
should NOT be equal to the most updated(Android) and suported(Cordova)
version.

Unless you intercept ant/gradle at a fundamental time in the build process
and force a certain sdkVersion (be it min, max, or target), Cordova already
can't protect itself against me changing those options on my
AndroidManifest.xml. By the way, this is exactly what I've been doing for a
year and a half now, even with cordova 3.x.
So, if you mean a -1 to this trying to protect the app from building while
targetting "wrong" versions, I'll disagree with you.

However, I may take the need and consequences of this feature differently
than others because I keep and maintain the platform folders in VCS
(against recommendations from the docs) and track changes to it every time
a plugin is installed or a new version of Cordova is released, just because
the CLI alongside config.xml can't handle all the changes I need done on
the native side as of today.

--

*Frederico Galvão*

Diretor de Tecnologia