cordova-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Bryan Higgins <br...@bryanhiggins.net>
Subject Re: Should use only drawable folder for single application icon
Date Mon, 14 Jul 2014 17:48:44 GMT
I have logged an issue related to this [1]

On 3.5.0-0.2.6, I can no longer specify a single default icon for Android.
Is this by design?

The docs imply it should be possible and it worked on 3.5.0-0.2.4

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CB-7132


On Sun, Jun 22, 2014 at 5:38 AM, Axel Nennker <ignisvulpis@gmail.com> wrote:

> Changes are here with the commit message referring to CB-2606
> https://github.com/apache/cordova-lib/pull/30
>
>
>
>
> 2014-06-21 19:51 GMT+02:00 Axel Nennker <ignisvulpis@gmail.com>:
>
> > I am currently changing android_parser.js because of CB-3571 and moved
> the
> > icon handling code into its own method. I would implement this change and
> > mark these commits as CB-2606.
> > OK?
> >
> > Axel
> > Am 21.06.2014 17:12 schrieb "Andrew Grieve" <agrieve@chromium.org>:
> >
> > Jan, I think the rationale here is sound. Are you interested in adding
> this
> >> feature?
> >>
> >>
> >> On Sat, Jun 21, 2014 at 6:03 AM, Jan Velecký <VVelda@seznam.cz> wrote:
> >>
> >> > It is a thing of a concrete developer if he place more icons in
> >> different
> >> > dimensions or not. In iOS developing, there must be more icons, but in
> >> > Android, there can be only one icon in "drawable" folder. My
> experiences
> >> > with use of only one 128×128 px icon in Android is positive, because
> on
> >> all
> >> > testing devices icon looks great. When developer will be unhappy with
> >> > system
> >> > resized icon, he can put more icons with different resolutions.
> >> >
> >> > I'm using CLI and I'm using only one icon. And is annoying Cordova CLI
> >> > everytime copy icon also on drawable-hdpi, drawable-ldpi folders and
> on
> >> and
> >> > on instead of only into drawable folder. But You don't realize, that
> >> this
> >> > is
> >> > double bug, because this icon are in specific drawable folders, but in
> >> bad
> >> > resolution... So benefits of this are missing.
> >> >
> >> > Behaviour to be expected of (Android) CLI:
> >> >
> >> >    * icon with density not specified => copy this icon into drawable
> >> folder
> >> >    * icon with density specified => copy into intended drawable folder
> >> >    (drawable-density)
> >> >
> >> >
> >> > Current behaviour of (Android) CLI:
> >> >
> >> >    * icon with density not specified => copied this icon (and in
> >> addition
> >> >    all icon in the same resolution) into all of drawable folders
> except
> >> >    drawable folder...
> >> >    * icon with density specified => i don't tested this behaviour, I
> >> don't
> >> >    like byrocracy, so I don't use this scenario (on Android
> development
> >> >    naturally), but i think this scenario is functional
> >> >
> >> >
> >> > Nice day,
> >> >
> >> > Jan Velecký.
> >> >
> >> >
> >> > "
> >> > I disagree about Android doing a good job. We just don't notice it
> >> because
> >> > we happen to have stupidly high quality template icons and we mostly
> >> test
> >> > on
> >> > hdpi and xhdpi devices. I'm sure if I ran this on an mdpi or ldpi
> >> device,
> >> > the icon would be all distorted.
> >> > "
> >> >
> >>
> >
>

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message