cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Michal Mocny <mmo...@chromium.org>
Subject Re: How to provide more files from plugin.xml for project and native?
Date Wed, 30 Jul 2014 14:54:27 GMT
First, the easy one: Certainly you should have a way to drop files into
platforms/ios/HelloCordova, and I think <source-file> is probably the way
to go.  The root seems to be the plugin folder by default, so you may need
to prefix with "../.." right now.  Also seems hacky, not sure if there is a
better way.

For the other two: /merges and /hooks, I really don't think we should be
adding files into there.  I consider those application assets, along with
www/ and application config.xml, which we also should not be directly
modifying from plugins.

For hooks -- there is a PR outstanding to just go ahead and add plugin
hooks.  Perhaps you would like to help review and comment on that to get it
landed asap?

For merges -- I kinda think we should have plugins on par with apps, and
just have a merges/ folder for plugins.  However, merges/ is probably just
generally a bad idea, and I suspect you can do a better job yourself by
writing hooks/ instead.

-Michal