cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Michal Mocny <mmo...@chromium.org>
Subject Re: Browserify JS is in
Date Mon, 07 Jul 2014 20:45:41 GMT
I think Ally may be confusing what this does?: This browserify work is not
a way to get cordova to run in a desktop browser, its just a means for
packaging cordova.js.  I think there should be no visible change to end
users.

There is a separate effort to target the browser as a platform, and it may
be true that the browserify work helps with that, but its not directly
related.

On Mon, Jul 7, 2014 at 3:58 PM, Anis KADRI <anis.kadri@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Jun 29, 2014 at 9:54 PM, Ally Ogilvie <aogilvie@wizcorp.jp> wrote:
>
> > Anis that is really sweet.
> > If this hits CLI, plugin.xml will have sections for plugins to do web
> > actions?
> >

> Not sure I understand what you mean by web actions.
>

> > TBH.. i've always wanted a cordova platform add web... but i'd be happy
> > enough with a prepare for browser only mode.
> >

> `cordova platform add web` is part of the plan.
>

> > Seeing a lot of use cases (e.g. Facebook plugin etc.) where there are JS,
> > iOS & Android SDKs and a Cordova Plugin wants to support the same API on
> > all platforms.
> >

> Didn't think of that but it is applicable indeed.
>

> > On Sat, Jun 21, 2014 at 9:26 AM, Anis KADRI <anis.kadri@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > > Ok cool. I can look at adding a --browserify option for run and
> prepare.
> > > logged an issue for it [1]
> > >
> > > [1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CB-7001

> > --browserify