cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Michal Mocny <mmo...@chromium.org>
Subject Re: Proposal: hooks support for plugins
Date Fri, 18 Jul 2014 20:47:23 GMT
What about prompting during plugin install instead of prepare?  "This
plugin has hooks, would you like continue? Y/N"

I'm concerned about being prompted on each prepare, especially in the face
of --watch type scripts.  I'm also not sure that plugin authors should
worry about supporting the "no" use case.  If a hook is optional, you can
split it out into a separate plugin that is optionally installed.  If its
not optional, you should probably not install the plugin at all if you
don't want to run the hook.

WDYT?

-Michal