cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Michal Mocny <mmo...@chromium.org>
Subject Re: missing documentation and missing major version bump
Date Tue, 29 Jul 2014 21:20:29 GMT
Current cli is cadver-semver and if even if we had bumped the semver MAJOR
it would not have mattered.  If you were using semantic version matching in
your package.json for cli dependancy, the current scheme does not match the
way you expect.  Josh your suggestion is that we should have used our
cadver number as a semver this last release, but its never been used that
way.  That is exactly the point of the latest plan from last hangout to
address release process to dump the cadver portion of cli (see discussion
on other threads if 4.0.0 is the right initial semver).

-Michal

p.s. If BB relied on --someblackberryspecificoption working, it would have
been useful to bring up during last tooling release vote window.  Better
yet, set up a local CI that automatically reports setup/build failures, as
we use here for ios&android vanilla&cca and has been quite valuable.