cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Michal Mocny <mmo...@chromium.org>
Subject Re: Proposal: remove platform versions from platfroms.js
Date Wed, 23 Jul 2014 20:50:24 GMT
I think Mark summarizes my thoughts as well.

We're overdue brainstorming what we want cordova workspaces to look like
(package.json, app manifests / config files, grunt/gulp integration,
browserify, directory structure..).  I don't think even the full hour on
this weeks hangout would suffice for this, so we should probably organize
something specifically for this topic for another date.  I don't think we
should be making any significant changes to users' cli workflow until we
figure out where we actually want to end up (and worry thats what we are
doing with the current package.json proposals).

For the purpose of this week we should have the goal of figuring out:
- What behaviour do users expect (Please not "what is the current behaviour
and why it cannot change")
- How to simplify releasing platforms
- How/when to (properly) pin down versions of all cordova bits

-Michal