cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Shazron <shaz...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: iOS: add target-device and MinimumOSVersion support to config.xml
Date Tue, 08 Jul 2014 17:05:40 GMT
I'm not sure how PG Build does it, but I can find out and see if they
can contribute. Having this baked in to Cordova is definitely in their
interests.

On Tue, Jul 8, 2014 at 9:58 AM, Parashuram Narasimhan (MS OPEN TECH)
<panarasi@microsoft.com> wrote:
> Also, given that Phonegap build does this, should we keep this such that it works for
people using Phonegap build also ?

like we could change the role of config.xml extending it beyond runtime preferences or we
need another/better place.  Another potential drawback of using config.xml  is security risks
since this file is distributed as-is along with the app binaries.  But I also see how it is
easy to use and does not require new knowledge (no need for new settings files). Thoughts?
New thread to discuss this? - since I see there could be many new similar settings in the
future and we need a way to define them

> As an idea we can introduce new <build> settings in config.xml which will be automatically
removed during build so not available in runtime.

> Thx!
> Sergey

config.xml, not the "runtime" config.xml.