cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Shazron <shaz...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: When is .cordova created?
Date Mon, 21 Jul 2014 17:41:17 GMT
My guess is ever since hooks were moved out of .cordova to hooks/ the
creation of .cordova by default wasn't removed also when using
--copy-from.

On Mon, Jul 21, 2014 at 10:34 AM, Ray Camden <raycamde@adobe.com> wrote:
> (This question feels like it *should* be appropriate here, but if I should raise it on
the PG Google group, I will.)

> I recently released a Brackets extension that wrapped calls to the Cordova CLI. I wrote
some simple logic to handle checking if a folder is a Cordova project. I simply looked for
a subdirectory called .cordova.

> But a user told me the extension wasn't correctly seeing a Cordova project and when I
tested, it looks like the default cordova create command will not make the folder. It only
exists (so far in my testing) if I create a new project and use --copy-from.

> Is there a reason why .cordova doesn't always exist?
>
> Worse comes to worse, I may just use some logic to see if platforms, plugins, and www
exist as subdirectories.