cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Grieve <agri...@chromium.org>
Subject What's Stopping us From Independent Platform Releases
Date Fri, 25 Jul 2014 21:25:28 GMT
Wanted to start a thread for everyone to share what concrete changes they'd
like to see happen before we start having platforms being released in an
unsynchronized fashion.

I'll start :)

cordova-js:
 - cordova.version returns a value computed from the cordova-js git tag.
   - Let's deprecate this field
   - And create "cordova.platformVersion"
   - And update our release process to have the version set based on the
platform's version rather than the tag within cordova-js.

Cordova-docs:
 - Most of the docs are not actually affected by platform versions.
 - Mainly though, it's the platform guides that are.
 - Two options that I see:
   - 1) Set default version to "edge" & always annotate with "added in
X.X.X, removed in X.X.X"
   - 2) Move guides to live in platform repos and link to them from docs.

cordova-cli:
  - Set version to 4.0.0 just to make it so that it doesn't map to any
existing platform versions

Release Process:
  - Tag cordova-js for each platform release with "PLATFORM-VERSION"
  - Rewrite
https://github.com/apache/cordova-coho/blob/master/docs/cadence-release-process.md
as "platforms-release-process"