cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Koudritsky <kam...@google.com>
Subject Re: Proposal: remove platform versions from platfroms.js
Date Wed, 23 Jul 2014 14:22:03 GMT

> Currently WebWorks ships specific versions of things.
> If we had shipped unpinned versions of stuff, then eventually we would
> have created projects which our UI wouldn't have recognized as valid
> (because, they e.g. Didn't have a ".cordova", or a "hooks", or a "merges"
> or whichever things we had been using to determine if a project was valid).

As long as you continue to ship a version of cordova-backberry bundled with
WebWorks, it won't be affected by the change I propose. CLI will use that
bundled version just like it does now using the settings in
.cordova/config.json. We do the same thing with cca.

If in the future you decide to stop bundling cordova-blackberry with
WebWorks and switch to the npm published versions, I see several good ways
for doing that, but in any case, you will probably want to expose the
version (or range of versions) to use as a user editable setting.