cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Koudritsky <kam...@google.com>
Subject Re: missing documentation and missing major version bump
Date Wed, 30 Jul 2014 21:48:39 GMT
On Wed, Jul 30, 2014 at 12:50 PM, Carlos Santana <csantana23@gmail.com>
wrote:

> For the prepare I was thinking hooks.
>
> Does all hooks receive all the command line arguments including the extra
> ones?

Yes, it receives the entire command line string, like this
execOpts.env.CORDOVA_CMDLINE = process.argv.join(' ');
from cordova/hooker.js:143
<https://github.com/apache/cordova-lib/blob/master/cordova-lib/src/cordova/hooker.js#L143>

> The use case is related to CB-7131 [1], to be use like "platform add ios
> --project="CordovaProject"
> Where the Cordova App name is different from the xcode project name.
>
> [1]:https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CB-7231

If we decide to add the flexibility to separately set the project name, I
think we will have to have "--project" (or whatever we decide to call that
flag) be part of cordova cli core flags. That name is better be saved
somewhere like www/config.xml, so it's definitely not an ephemeral flag to
be passed along to the platform scripts and forgotten.

And going back to that discussion about project name(s). From going over it
I didn't understand what is wrong with always using CordovaApp.pbxproj.  Is
that "CordovaApp" visible somewhere on the final device where the app is
installed?