cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Koudritsky <kam...@google.com>
Subject Re: missing documentation and missing major version bump
Date Wed, 30 Jul 2014 14:24:40 GMT
On Wed, Jul 30, 2014 at 1:46 AM, Carlos Santana <csantana23@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Yep Michal I agree to update cli to pass down extra parameters to platform
> scripts like it used. this allow for greater flexibility in platform
> scripts and no hardcoded platform concerns in cli. No need to remove nopt
> if the this can be achieved.

The list of flags to pass down to run will have to be hard coded in the
cli, unless we want to go back to the manual position based argument
parsing.

I don't think we want
cordova run --verbose
to mean something different than
cordova --verbose run
but I think it's ok to expect that
cordova run -- --verbose will mean something different.
And it also allows things like
cordova --verbose run -- --verbose

The -- separation is exactly what allows the flexibility to pass anything
to the run and build scripts without telling the cli what to expect or not
expect after the -- .

But going back to the origins of this discussion. The lack of documentation
in help.txt about the -- thing is my bad. Thanks to Josh for adding it
yesterday. But why revert the behavior? (and why only for the pre-4.0
versions) If webworks is not affected, who is? Are those real people? If
they have already hit, and possibly solved the problems caused by this
change, do they want to revert back? Would be glad to hear from them.