cordova-dev mailing list archives

From "Joshi, Pavankumar" <Jos...@fast.au.fujitsu.com>
Subject Question on Cordova for WIndows 8
Date Tue, 15 Jul 2014 07:40:23 GMT
Hello,

My name is Pavan Joshi and I'm currently building applications with Cordova
I have a question regarding Windows 8 Cordova application development.
I noticed that in Cordova docs for 3.5.0 version, in Windows 8 platform guide, it is mentioned
that for development We have to use Visual studio 2013 Professional edition or higher.
Is there a particular reason for this or can we use Visual Studio 2013 Express edition as
well to develop the Cordova App.

Reference : http://cordova.apache.org/docs/en/3.5.0/guide_platforms_win8_index.md.html#Windows%208%20Platform%20Guide

In Cordova 3.4.0 windows 8 Platform guide it is mentioned that to develop Cordova apps we
can use "Visual Studio 2012 Professional or better, or Visual Studio 2012 Express for Windows
8"

Reference : http://cordova.apache.org/docs/en/3.4.0/guide_platforms_win8_index.md.html#Windows%208%20Platform%20Guide

Please clarify

Thanks and Regards

Pavan Joshi
Software Development Engineer

Fujitsu Australia Software Technology Pty Ltd (FAST)
Lvl 1, Bldg C, 14 Rodborough Rd, Frenchs Forest, NSW 2086, Australia
T +61 2 9452 9147
pavankumarj@fast.au.fujitsu.com<mailto:pavankumarj@fast.au.fujitsu.com>