cordova-dev mailing list archives

From "Parashuram Narasimhan (MS OPEN TECH)" <panar...@microsoft.com>
Subject RE: iOS: add target-device and MinimumOSVersion support to config.xml
Date Tue, 08 Jul 2014 16:58:40 GMT
Also, given that Phonegap build does this, should we keep this such that it works for people
using Phonegap build also ?

-----Original Message-----
From: Sergey Grebnov (Akvelon) [mailto:v-segreb@microsoft.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 8, 2014 9:54 AM
To: dev@cordova.apache.org
Subject: RE: iOS: add target-device and MinimumOSVersion support to config.xml

I agree as well, but I still don't see any better way to specify those things. Looks like
we could change the role of config.xml extending it beyond runtime preferences or we need
another/better place.  Another potential drawback of using config.xml  is security risks since
this file is distributed as-is along with the app binaries.  But I also see how it is easy
to use and does not require new knowledge (no need for new settings files). Thoughts? New
thread to discuss this? - since I see there could be many new similar settings in the future
and we need a way to define them

As an idea we can introduce new <build> settings in config.xml which will be automatically
removed during build so not available in runtime.

Thx!
Sergey