cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Marcel Kinard <cmarc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 4.0.x, efcedabe, Patch-Bombing and good faith
Date Fri, 18 Jul 2014 03:10:16 GMT

On Jul 16, 2014, at 3:11 PM, Andrew Grieve <agrieve@chromium.org> wrote:

> Good call here. I should have made JIRAs for a bunch of these. I've now
> done so retroactively.

Watching this, I very much agree that if Jira issues were created before the commit and included
in the commit message, that would have been a communication improvement. The “before”
benefit enables tracing a commit message back to a more detailed context description in Jira.

Another potential miscommunication here could be the intended scope of the 4.0.x branch. The
impression I get from Joe is that it was basically limited to enabling third-party webviews.
The impression I get from Andrew is that is was more generally for breaking changes. If there
is a mismatch in intention of scope, I think that is where most of the gear-grinding may be
coming from.

I believe that everyone is “trying to do the right thing”, just with a bit different goals.