cordova-dev mailing list archives

From "Parashuram Narasimhan (MS OPEN TECH)" <panar...@microsoft.com>
Subject RE: Proposal: remove platform versions from platfroms.js
Date Wed, 23 Jul 2014 17:59:27 GMT
I was thinking platforms are devDependencies and plugins are dependencies :)

In a way, that’s how the bundling works - plugins are packaged with the app, while platforms
are only needed during development !!

-----Original Message-----
From: Anis KADRI [mailto:anis.kadri@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 23, 2014 10:54 AM
To: dev@cordova.apache.org
Subject: Re: Proposal: remove platform versions from platfroms.js

+1 for package.json for platforms. plugins might a bit trickier but
+still
doable, we could get rid of plugins/ but we somehow need to keep track of them in node_modules/
(maybe use one of the 10 config files we have).
Platforms in package.json should cause no problems though, add/remove platforms, pin/unpin
versions if required.