cordova-dev mailing list archives

From "Parashuram Narasimhan (MS OPEN TECH)" <panar...@microsoft.com>
Subject RE: [Discuss] The Future of Ripple as a Top Level ASF Project
Date Tue, 22 Jul 2014 22:49:33 GMT
Hi Gorkem,

We have produced a couple of prototypes to show how Ripple can be used as a platform. We have
been able to delegate most of the plugin specific functionality to the plugin itself, that
includes a <platform ripple> tag in its plugin.xml.
We are definitely interested in supporting Ripple and do not have a preference about it becoming
a Cordova sub project, or staying a top level project.

Would love to hear your feedback on this prototype, and any suggestions that you may have
on taking this forward.

-----Original Message-----
From: Gorkem Ercan [mailto:gorkem.ercan@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, July 18, 2014 9:06 AM
To: dev@cordova.apache.org
Subject: Re: [Discuss] The Future of Ripple as a Top Level ASF Project

Did this discussion concluded? What was the conclusion?

I would like to see Ripple to have a healthy future and if having it as a sub-project on Cordova
ensures it, I would like to help with that.
I think we can have one or two people from Red Hat assisting on the maintenance of Ripple.
This probably is not enough for a top-level project but may be enough to continue as a sub-project.

Also, I know there are tools (folks from MSFT, I am looking at you) that use ripple, they
may also be ultimately interested on the well being of the project.
--
Gorkem