cordova-dev mailing list archives

From "Parashuram Narasimhan (MS OPEN TECH)" <panar...@microsoft.com>
Subject RE: Monthly Cordova hangouts
Date Tue, 15 Jul 2014 17:56:38 GMT
I thought I had to install a plugin for Hangouts, at least on IE.

I think for today's meeting, let us use hangouts. As you point out, if we have more than 10
participants, we could look at an alternate solution for the next meeting.

-----Original Message-----
From: mmocny@google.com [mailto:mmocny@google.com] On Behalf Of Michal Mocny
Sent: Tuesday, July 15, 2014 10:20 AM
To: dev
Subject: Re: Monthly Cordova hangouts

Yeah, Hangouts doesn't require plugins, gives you a public live video, and then stores it
for public record by making a youtube video, automatically.

The majority of the issues we've had in the past were user errors due to not planning ahead
enough (and there were some suggestions to fix those), though Hangouts are currently limited
to 10 video participants.  Given that several of us bundle into a single room, I personally
think thats a good limit anyway, lest the conversation get too chatty.

If someone wants to manage invites, record video, then upload and share publicly, or know
another service that does all that easily, we are happy to try it out.

On Tue, Jul 15, 2014 at 12:50 PM, Ian Clelland <iclelland@chromium.org>
wrote:

> We've tried a number of videoconference providers for these, and it's
> never been without problems.
>
> Totally happy to try out a new one, if you're volunteering to set it up!
>

> On Tue, Jul 15, 2014 at 12:30 PM, Parashuram Narasimhan (MS OPEN TECH)
> < panarasi@microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> > Bumping up the other question I had on my previous email -
> >
> > Last time, there were people who could not get on the call due to
> > the max limit on number of participants. Folks said that even a
> > conference bridge would be good if they everyone can be on the call
> > and heard. Should we
> try
> > an alternate conference solution this time - Lync or Webex.
> >
> > If the group is ok with trying something else, I could volunteer to
> > see
> if
> > we can set up a Lync call for this.

that