cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Ray Camden <rayca...@adobe.com>
Subject RE: Pointing docs to edge
Date Mon, 14 Jul 2014 17:06:51 GMT
Personally I'd rather not have any "coming soon" paragraphs in the doc text. As a user, if
I'm at the docs, I don't care what is coming next. I'm trying to solve a problem I have *now*,
or trying to build now. Anything that is coming soon is a distractor.

Do I feel strongly about it? No, but I'd vote against it being in the docs at all. Stuff like
that should definitely be communicated to users - via the Cordova blog perhaps - but not in
the mainline docs.

From: maxw@google.com <maxw@google.com> on behalf of Max Woghiren <maxw@chromium.org>
Sent: Monday, July 14, 2014 10:27 AM
To: dev
Subject: Re: Pointing docs to edge

Okay, so here are the current proposals for handling Ray's issue (thanks
Ray!):

1. Update docs at commit-time and release-time.  At commit-time,
documentation changes can be marked with "coming soon", or "removed in next
release", or whatever the relevant message is.  At release-time, docs are
further updated to remove these sub-messages.

2. Use CSS to do the manual marking in proposal 1.  We could also use it to