cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Ray Camden <rayca...@adobe.com>
Subject RE: recent tools update, Splash screen support
Date Fri, 11 Jul 2014 10:46:04 GMT
So.... basically the docs are *not* up to the date for any of this yet?
From: Sergey Grebnov (Akvelon) <v-segreb@microsoft.com>
Sent: Friday, July 11, 2014 1:15 AM
To: dev@cordova.apache.org
Subject: RE: recent tools update, Splash screen support

I volunteer to test splash/icons support one more time and update the docs where it is required.

* The old documentation refers to PG Build. Cordova implementation is based on this idea,
but there are some differences, for example we don't support gap: prefix and platform attribute,
platform specific icons must be placed inside corresponding <platform name=''> element
* We updated icons related docs as part of Cordova icons support implementation, I will double
check that it is still accurate (for example I see that it mentions platform attribute which
is not supported)
* We should update splash screen related docs part (as per our implementation + examples)
* Splash screen plugin and splash screen images support are related but different features.
Core splash screen support by CLI allows replacing default template images which are showed
automatically, where the plugin works on top of this and allows programmatically show/hide
splash screen (pls correct me if I'm wrong).