cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Burtoft <jeffb...@microsoft.com>
Subject RE: Cordova strategy for Hosted Apps
Date Tue, 10 Jun 2014 15:38:39 GMT
My hesitation with integrating with Cordova for the pure hosted app solution is that it seems
like there are a lot of work-arounds (and not supported on some platforms like windows 8)
to make it happen.  My fear is that as Cordova continues to mature, the hosted app solution
may get even less support.  That's why I'm wondering if it is officially part of the strategy.
 What are your thoughts on this?

-----Original Message-----
From: Marcel Kinard [mailto:cmarcelk@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, June 9, 2014 3:05 PM
To: dev@cordova.apache.org
Subject: Re: Cordova strategy for Hosted Apps

To elaborate a bit more on #1, I've seen issues where the cordova.js in the hosted content
gets out-of-sync with the native Cordova runtime installed on the device. Weird behavior can
ensue when there are changes across Cordova versions in the js-native interactions. One brute-force
way to deal with this would be to locally inspect the version of the native Cordova runtime,
and ask the remote server to serve up the matching version of cordova.js.  The folks writing
hosted apps like this don't see this design wrinkle until they are debugging weird behavior.