cordova-dev mailing list archives

From "Sergey Grebnov (Akvelon)" <v-seg...@microsoft.com>
Subject RE: Contacts API, iOS
Date Tue, 24 Jun 2014 20:15:48 GMT
The signature change was made by me to be compliant with the rest of cordova core plugins where
we always have callbacks first and then call parameters.

The important note is that I used special check for the args type to work correctly in case
old method signature is used. I will see when it was missed.

Do you like the idea of changing method signature and making it work for old version or it
is better just to revert it back? - Thoughts?

Thx!
Sergey
-----Original Message-----
From: Carlos Santana [mailto:csantana23@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 24, 2014 11:55 PM
To: dev@cordova.apache.org
Subject: Re: Contacts API, iOS

I took a few minutes to look deeper on what's going on with Contacts Plugin.
Here are my findings:

Back in April [1] when navigator.contacts.pickContact() was added the signature for navigator.contacts.find()
was changed
From:
navigator.contacts.find:function(fields, successCB, errorCB, options) {
To:
navigator.contacts.find:function(successCB, errorCB, fields, options) {

I think this is a braking change and the reason why mobilespec is failing.

If there are no objections I think the find method should be put back as it was before publishing
a new version with a different api signature. I created an issue [2] to track

Or if the consensus is for find function to have a new signature, then the version of the
plugin needs to be increase to reflect the api break, and maybe a note in the doc.

I also created another issue [3] to create tests for pickContact in mobilespec

[1]:
https://github.com/apache/cordova-plugin-contacts/commit/d656191c4072cbef0bf5b3b5f5eb4dfe4817d25b#diff-6a72b46d7f0c34e1070ce85b959f30fcR46

[2]: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CB-7020

[3]: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CB-7021